The LONE PEAK 5 trail shoes from ALTRA combines the simplicity of earlier models with the latest available technology.
- Terrain: All terrain
- Water resistance: No
- Drop: Zero drop
- Foot shape: Standard
- User weight: Less than 80 kg
- Weight: 260 g
- Low-rise and perforated of excellent breathability
- Quick Dry mesh and TPU upper
- Lightweight for optimal comfort
- Classic laces
- Optimal fit and support
- Gaiter Trap gaiter attachment at the back
- 6 mm insole contour
- FootShape Toe Box for increased comfort and stability
- Optimal comfort
- Altra Ego
- Double layer EVA with A-Bound™ first layer
- Energy return and reduced shocks
- Maintains a gentle, stable stride
- Built-in StoneGuard™ technology
- Protection from stones and gravel
- Cushioning height: 25 mm
- MaxTrac™ sole with TrailClaw™ studs
- Improved grip for all conditions
- Powerful traction for forefoot propulsion
- Precise grip on ascents and descents
FOOT SHAPED TOE BOX: Allows your toes to spread out comfortably and naturally and for the big toe to reduce pronation. The result is improved stability and increased propulsion for optimal running performance.
A-BOUND: Made from recycled materials, this exclusive layer located directly under the foot reduces shocks from hard ground and returns energy with each stride. It feels like having a bouncing ball under the foot!
GaiterTrap®: Innovative velcro tab allows easy attachment of gaiters without having to fix them under the sole. Prevents debris from building up in and beneath the shoe.
STONEGUARD: StoneGuard™ is in-between the A-Bound™ and EVA midsoles and protects the foot flexibly on uneven ground by deflecting pebbles under the midsole for a smoother and more stable run.
MaxTrac™: This material provides an optimal combination of traction, grip and durability. Ideal for uneven terrain.
TrailClaw™: Designed for trail, this unique outsole has canted lugs directly positioned under the metatarsals and 'claws' at the front of the shoe for optimal uphill and downhill traction.
Ripstop: This synthetic fabric, often made from nylon or polyester, uses a special reinforcing technique that makes it tear and abrasion-resistant. During the weaving process, reinforcement threads are interwoven at regular intervals into the hatched pattern. The intervals are generally 5 to 8 millimetres. Ripstop fabric is thin and lightweight with thicker threads interwoven into thinner cloth for a 3-dimensional structure.
EVA: The moulded EVA foam insert is particularly flexible. It helps improve shock absorption and lightness.
Do you like this brand? Good news, it's a regular at PSS! Subscribe and we'll keep you up to date.