BASE JUMP pants by Mammut are stretchy, breathable and robust, great for heading to the highest mountain peaks.
- Water-repellent: Yes
- Breathability: Yes
- Insulation / lining: Yes
- Snow gaiters: Yes
- Fit: Regular
- Weight: 625 g
- Insert: 83% polyamide, 10% polyester, 7% elastane
- Insert 2: 85% polyamide, 15% elastane
- Main composition: 91% polyamide, 9% elastane
- Bluesign® certified materials
- Schoeller® SoftShell stretchy, breathable and robust material without a membrane
- PFC-Free EcoRepel® Bio treatment using exclusively renewable raw materials for durable water-repellency and dirtproofing
- Removable straps with flat attachment system
- 2 harness-compatible front pockets with waterproof zips
- Map pocket on the leg
- Back pocket with zip
- Side zip vent with snowproof net lining
Waist / Hem:
- Raised at the back
- Wide waistband adjustment, accessible from the outside
- Robust Cordura® reinforcement to protect from crampon edges
- Zipped leg cuffs with gusset
- Snap buttons on the bottom
- Adjustable gaiters
SoftShell: made from soft laminated materials, all garments that use Softshell technology represent a new generation of products. With its numerous properties, Softshell technology helps us to face all the weather conditions that nature throws at us. This technology makes the product highly windproof, waterproof, flexible and abrasion-resistant.
Schoeller®: The highest quality, functionality and durability, with a modern design by Schoeller®, well-known in the outdoor sports industry. This international renown continues to grow since they started in 1961.
EcoRepel® Bio: Like all water birds, ducks produce oily secretions to repel water. EcoRepel® technology developed by Schoeller® transfers this natural water-repellency to fabric surfaces. It imitates this natural, water-repellent protection and ensures that textiles stay dry and clean. This technology is ecological because it is biodegradable (OECD 302 B (80 – 100%) and does not contain fluorocarbons (PFC). It is also resistant to abrasion and irritation.
Cordura®: A high tech fabric known for its durability, solidity, light weight and easy care. Cordura® is extremely abrasion-resistant (4 times more than standard nylon and 20 times more than cotton). The light, rough surface is typical for this fabric.
Bluesign® Standard: Environmental program to eliminate substances that are potentially hazardous to human health or the environment from the textile supply chain. A Bluesign® approved fabric ensures that:
PFC Free: PFCs belong to a group of chemical compounds that are used in a number of outdoor products for waterproofing the outer material. Their use has received a lot of criticism, as they are considered non-biodegradable. They build up in the body and are suspected to be harmful to health.
PFC-free products are environmentally friendly.
Do you like this brand? Good news, it's a regular at PSS! Subscribe and we'll keep you up to date.