MULTI-PITCH 20L by Mountain Hardwear is ideal for approach and climbing, but also hiking.
- Capacity: 20 L
- Weight: 668 g
- Activity: day hiking
- Autonomy: with meals
- Water resistance: Yes
- Profiled back hem
- Main compartment
- 6 pockets
- 3-layer cotton canvas for water resistance
- UV-resistant polyester resin
- Abrasion resistance and water-repellency
- Durably waterproof polyester coating
- Removable straps that pack in the back
- 2 carry handles
- Dual density foam padded shoulder straps
- Removable, adjustable hip strap
- Removable, adjustable chest strap
- Zipped flap main compartment
- Zipped pocket on the lid flap
- Removable mesh pocket
- Zipped front pocket
- Internal gear loops for additional organisation
- Compatible with a hydration system (not included)
Ripstop: This synthetic fabric, often made from nylon or polyester, uses a special reinforcing technique that makes it tear and abrasion-resistant. During the weaving process, reinforcement threads are interwoven at regular intervals into the hatched pattern. These intervals are generally 5 to 8 millimetres. Ripstop fabric is thin and lightweight with thicker threads interwoven into thinner cloth for a 3-dimensional structure.
Kevlar®: Best known for its use in resistant armour, Kevlar® is an aramid fibre developed by DuPont™. It is a thermoplastic polymer consisting of aromatic rings which are separated by the amide groups. It is also used in various garments, accessories and equipment to enhance safety and abrasion resistance. It is light, durable and resistant.
This is a synthetic fibre which has excellent tensile properties and a high tensile strength. The toughness of Kevlar comes from its structure of hydrogen bonds held together between polymer chains.
Do you like this brand? Good news, it's a regular at PSS! Subscribe and we'll keep you up to date.