The WILDFIRE approach shoes from SALEWA offer an excellent grip for climbing and alpine ascention.
- Discipline: Approach, very versatile
- Terrain: Steep, uneven, oscillating between positive and negative elevations
- Water resistance: no
- Drop: 11 mm
- Weight: 330 g (per shoe)
- Different complementary and highly performing external material
- Material 1: EXA-SHELL over injected 3D cage
- Composition 2: breathable mesh
- 3F system providing flexibility and support of the heel
- Great stability in torsion situation
- Climbing Lacing precision lacing system
- Ortholite® sole
- Moisture wicking
- EVA foam
- Offers precisions and cushioning for cooler and dryer feet
- Pomoca Speed MTN sole
- Increased grip and friction in dry and wet weather
- Contain a precision area specifically thought for mountaineering around the toes.
- Sturdy studs for increased traction mud and loose ground
EXA-SHELL: The EXA-SHELL structure that wraps the side of the foot increases forefoot precision and balance. The concept helps reduce wear on the outside of the shoe.
3F System: Developed by SALEWA, this technology combines sole, heel and lacing system: shape precision, flexibility and support.
Climbing Lacing: This concept guarantees denser lacing for improved hold in the toe box. The fit is adapted for increased performance on tough terrain.
ORTHOLITE®: Engineered from open cell polyurethane, Ortholite soles retain 95% of their cushioning properties after a year of use, whereas ordinary soles lose 70% over the same time period. The Ortholite® sole is lightweight and breathable. The air circulates, to help evacuate heat and moisture to keep the feet dry. The environmentally-friendly biocide treatment is antimicrobial and creates a healthier environment for the feet. The advantages of Ortholite® Open-Cell Technology are:
- Long-term cushioning
- Moisture management
- High level of breathability
- Easy to wash
EVA: The moulded EVA foam insert is particularly flexible. It helps improve shock absorption and lightness.
POMOCA SPEED MTN: The Speed MTN sole provides excellent traction. The rubber blend of Pomoca® ensures remarkable hold on both wet and dry ground. The special stud construction guarantees maximum traction, particularly on wet ground. A sole destined for approach and dynamic alpine passes.
Do you like this brand? Good news, it's a regular at PSS! Subscribe and we'll keep you up to date.