The WILDFIRE EDGE MID GTX approach shoes from SALEWA offers a great precision in ascending with difficult weather condition.
- Discipline: Approach, very versatile
- Terrain: Steep, uneven, oscillating between positive and negative elevations
- Water resistance: Gore-Tex® membrane
- Weight: 420 g (per shoe)
- Different complementary and highly performing external material
- Composition 1: suede 1,6 mm
- Material 2: Injected EXA-SHELL
- Composition 3: microfibre
- Breathable mesh lining
- Waterproof and breathable Gore-Tex® Extended Comfort membrane
- Simple and performing Switchfit adjustment system
- 3F system providing flexibility and support of the heel
- Great stability in torsion situation
- Climbing Lacing precision lacing system
- Expandable gaiters with front and back tab
- MFF+ sole
- It is made of interchangeable layers which adapt to the unique shape of your foot.
- Reduce risk of blisters
- Wildfire Edge sole
- Equipped with a side support plate under the forefront.
- Offer a greater rigidity between toes and facilitate changes of direction.
- Pomoca Speed Hiking MTN sole
- Increased grip and friction in dry and wet weather
- Contain a precision area specifically thought for mountaineering around the toes.
- Sturdy studs for increased traction mud and loose ground
- Drop: 11 mm (heel height 30 mm / toe heel height 19 mm)
GORE-TEX®: Whatever the weather, Gore-Tex® shoes keep your feet dry and keep you comfortable. All Gore-Tex® shoes are waterproof and highly breathable.
Cold weather, an increase in weight, blisters: very often, as soon as your feet get wet, the activity stops being so fun. This is why shoes made with Gore-Tex® product technology are essential for trails and summits around the world
EXA-SHELL: The EXA-SHELL structure that wraps the side of the foot increases forefoot precision and balance. The concept helps reduce wear on the outside of the shoe.
SWITCHFIT ADJUSTMENT: For quickly switching from hiking to climbing mode. when attaching the extra eyelet, the heel is pulled towards the bottom and the foot is pushed towards the front at the tip. Toes will be tighter like in a climbing shoes, to increase the capacity to stand on small hold with more precision.
3F System: Developed by SALEWA, this technology combines sole, heel and lacing system: shape precision, flexibility and support.
Climbing Lacing: This concept guarantees denser lacing for improved hold in the toe box. The fit is adapted for increased performance on tough terrain.
MFF (MULTI-FIT FOOTBED): Anatomical footbed for a comfortable fit. The interior volume and the width is adapted.
POMOCA SPEED HIKING MTN: The outsole provides excellent traction. The rubber blend of POMOCA ensures remarkable hold on both wet and dry ground. The special stud construction guarantees maximum traction, particularly on wet ground.
Do you like this brand? Good news, it's a regular at PSS! Subscribe and we'll keep you up to date.