With its Gore-Tex® membrane, the WILDFIRE GTXapproach shoes from SALEWA offers precision and comfort for technical alpine ascention.
- Discipline: Approach, very versatile
- Terrain: Steep, uneven, oscillating between positive and negative elevations
- Water resistance: Gore-Tex® membrane
- Drop: 11 mm
- Weight: 395 g (per shoe)
- Different complementary and highly performing external material
- Material 1: Injected EXA-SHELL
- Composition 2: breathable mesh
- Waterproof and breathable Gore-Tex® Extended Comfort membrane
- 3F system providing flexibility and support of the heel
- Great stability in torsion situation
- Climbing Lacing precision lacing system
- Ortholite® sole
- Offers precisions and cushioning for cooler and dryer feet
- Pomoca Speed Hiking MTN sole
- Increased grip and friction in dry and wet weather
- Contain a precision area specifically thought for mountaineering around the toes.
- Sturdy studs for increased traction mud and loose ground
GORE-TEX®: Whatever the weather, Gore-Tex® shoes keep your feet dry and keep you comfortable. All Gore-Tex® shoes are waterproof and highly breathable.
Cold weather, an increase in weight, blisters: very often, as soon as your feet get wet, the activity stops being so fun. This is why shoes made with Gore-Tex® product technology are essential for trails and summits around the world
GORE-TEX® EXTENDED COMFORT: Hiking shoes made with Gore- Tex® Extended Comfort technology are ideal for outdoor activities in mild to warm weather.They offer protection without insulation that keeps your feet cool and dry even in hot weather and during intense sessions. The comfort and protection provided are permanent.
EXA-SHELL: The EXA-SHELL structure that wraps the side of the foot increases forefoot precision and balance. The concept helps reduce wear on the outside of the shoe.
3F System: Developed by SALEWA, this technology combines sole, heel and lacing system: shape precision, flexibility and support.
Climbing Lacing: This concept guarantees denser lacing for improved hold in the toe box. The fit is adapted for increased performance on tough terrain.
ORTHOLITE®: Engineered from open cell polyurethane, Ortholite soles retain 95% of their cushioning after one year of use, whereas ordinary soles lose 70% of their cushioning over the same time period.
The Ortholite® sole is light and breathable. The air circulates, to help evacuate heat and moisture to keep the feet dry. The environmentally-friendly biocide treatment is antimicrobial and creates a healthier environment for the feet. The advantages of Ortholite® Open-Cell Technology are:
- Long-term cushioning
- Moisture management
- High level of breathability
- Easy to wash
POMOCA SPEED HIKING MTN: The outsole provides excellent traction. The rubber blend of POMOCA ensures remarkable hold on both wet and dry ground. The special stud construction guarantees maximum traction, particularly on wet ground.
Do you like this brand? Good news, it's a regular at PSS! Subscribe and we'll keep you up to date.