With Descent Control technology, X ULTRA 3 hiking shoes by SALOMON are great for technical hikes.
- Discipline: Active, sporty approach, supportive look
- Terrain: Steep, uneven, oscillating between positive and negative elevations
- Water resistance: No
- Foot shape: Standard
- Weight: 320 g
- Synthetic materials
- SensiFit™ system cradles the foot
- Precise foot support
- Bonded upper
- Gusseted tongue
- Breathable anti-debris mesh
- Prevents debris getting in the shoe
- Quick drying
- Ideal protection for toes
- QuickLace™ simple, efficient lacing
- Perfect fit
- Lace Pocket
- Advanced Chassis™
- Placed between the sole and midsole
- Improved control during movement
- Energy transfer from the foot to terrain
- Maximum boost
- Increased protection and optimal stability
- Ortholite® moulded footbed
- Clean, fresh and dry under the foot
- Excellent cushioning
- EnergyCell: light, high quality EVA foam
- Excellent shock absorption
- Optimal comfort
- ContaGrip® TD
- High quality
- Chevron studs
- Blend of 2 types of rubber
- Excellent grip
- Special heel pattern for improved traction
- Descent Control technology
- Drop: 11 mm
ORTHOLITE®: Engineered from open cell polyurethane, Ortholite soles retain 95% of their cushioning after one year of use, whereas ordinary soles lose 70% of their cushioning over the same time period.
The Ortholite® sole is light and breathable. The air circulates, to help evacuate heat and moisture to keep the feet dry. The environmentally-friendly biocide treatment is antimicrobial and creates a healthier environment for the feet. The advantages of Ortholite® Open-Cell Technology are:
CONTAGRIP®: Unique technology with a clever combination of rubber, geometry and density, providing lightweight grip and traction.
SENSIFIT™: Actively cradles the foot to ensure natural foot expansion and forefoot flex, while still maintaining support. By creating both comfort and support in such a revolutionary way, the fit even adapts to the conditions and shape of the foot.
QUICKLACE™: One-pull kevlar lace tightening system with friction-free lace eyelet. When you pull on the lace, it tightens equally on both sides. It takes just a single pull to tighten the laces for a perfect fit and then the lace pocket hides the lacing away. Quick, light and comfortable and your laces won't loosen or come undone mid-stride.
Energy Cell: High performance EVA foam that absorbs shocks and vibrations.
DESCENT CONTROL: Descent control. A series of grip, fit and protection technologies that work together to create a downhill running advantage.
ADVANCED CHASSIS: The Advanced Chassis, between the sole and midsole, improves control of foot movement and energy. It enables maximum rebound, increased protection and optimal stability.
EVA: The moulded EVA insert provides lightweight cushioning and stability.
Do you like this brand? Good news, it's a regular at PSS! Subscribe and we'll keep you up to date.