The Masao jacket by Mammut provides efficient weather protection for trips in the high mountains.
- Membrane: Mammut® DryTechnology
- Construction: 3 layers
- Water resistance: 20,000 mm
- Breathability: 15,000 g/m²/24h
- Insulation / lining: Yes
- Fit: Regular
- Weight: 540 g
- Main composition - Lining: 100% polyamide
- Main composition - exterior: 100% polyamide
- Main composition - membrane: 100% polyurethane
- Bluesign® certified materials
- DWR water-repellent coating, certified PFC-Free
- Robust, water-repellent 2-way YKK Vislon® zip
- Underarm vent with water-repellent 2-way zip
- Gusset under the arms for optimal freedom of movement
- Windproof hood
- Adjustable height and width
- Helmet compatible
- Reinforced peak
- For a clear field of vision, easy to use with gloves
- Pocket with splashproof zip
- 2 harness-compatible front pockets with waterproof zips
- Zipped inside pocket
Waist & Sleeves:
- Glove-compatible, adjustable cuffs with high quality velcro
- Adjustable drawstring hem
Mammut Dry Technology: Triple layer technology with water-repellent properties: the membranes absorb sweat like a sponge and wicks it to the exterior. Inversely, they provide ventilation to guarantee breathability. Mammut DryTechnology consists of 3 layers: an ultra-thin breathable, windproof and waterproof membrane, an adhesive membrane ensuring the fabric's durability and finally, a waterproof fabric for perfect performance. Products with this technology are waterproof to 10,000 mm and windproof.
DWR: This coating allows water to form beads and run off the shell fabric instead of being absorbed. The water-repellent outer fabric increases insulation and prevents it from being saturated by liquids, preventing any feeling of dampness.
Bluesign® Standard: Environmental program to eliminate substances that are potentially hazardous to human health or the environment from the textile supply chain. A Bluesign® approved fabric ensures that:
PFC Free: PFCs belong to a group of chemical compounds that are used in a number of outdoor products for waterproofing the outer material. Their use has received a lot of criticism, as they are considered non-biodegradable. They build up in the body and are suspected to be harmful to health.
PFC-free products are environmentally friendly.
Do you like this brand? Good news, it's a regular at PSS! Subscribe and we'll keep you up to date.