Warm, waterproof, windproof and versatile, the ORTLES MEDIUM 2 down jacket from SALEWA is ideal for mountaineering and ice climbing.
- Water-repellent: Yes
- Breathable: Yes
- Windproof: Yes
- Insulation / lining: Duck down
- Fit: Ergonomic
- Weight: 477 g (size 38 EU)
- Can be worn alone or as an outer layer
- Ultra compressible duck down 3D section construction
- DWR water-repellent treatment
- Strategically placed insulation
- Hybrid insulating TirolWool® Celliant® inserts positioned in specific ways
- Retains correctly body heat
- Full-length windproof piping at the back
- Back length: 65 cm (size 38 FR)
- Lined profiled hood
- Adjusts behind the head
- High collar for optimal protection
Sleeves & Waist:
- Ergonomic sleeves and shoulders
- Elastic drawstring hem
- Stretchy edging
- 2 zipped side pockets
- Zipped chest pocket
- Storage compression pocket
DWR: This coating allows water to form beads and run off the shell fabric instead of being absorbed. The water-repellent outer fabric increases insulation and prevents it from being saturated by liquids, preventing any feeling of dampness.
TirolWool® Celliant®: An insulation technology with heat-reflective properties with natural benefits of the TirolWool
Ripstop: This synthetic fabric, often made from nylon or polyester, uses a special reinforcing technique that makes it tear and abrasion-resistant. During the weaving process, reinforcement threads are interwoven at regular intervals into the hatched pattern. These intervals are generally 5 to 8 millimetres. Ripstop fabric is thin and lightweight with thicker threads interwoven into thinner cloth for a 3-dimensional structure.
R.D.S Standard: Responsible Down Standard (R.D.S) certification ensures that the down comes from geese that have been treated well and commits producers to respect certain criteria when producing down.
Do you like this brand? Good news, it's a regular at PSS! Subscribe and we'll keep you up to date.